"permalin" <$BlogRSDUrl$>
Baby, the Stars Shine Brite

The secret life of a girl.the strange confessions and dirty little secrets of a girl.

We'll always be together
24.12.06

All I Want For Christmas is some establishments to be open 
So for lack of anything else to amuse me - I have the Internet. The boy and I have already exchanged and opened gifts: mine being a Hello Kitty waffle maker but no waffle mix and nothing in the house even close... so no playing there. And he got clothes and candy flavored lip balm.
Now I have a serious hot fudge brownie and chocolate craving ... and if I don't get to Denny's or something soon I'm gonna break down and eat my mom's present of chocolate lava cakes, chocolate truffles, or creme brulee. It ALL sounds good.

So for lack of anything else to do... we are here getting drunk; on rum and diet coke cause that's all we got and I am doing another music blog. Not even an original blog either: a meme blog!

My Life Soundtrack
Directions:
If your life was a movie, what would the soundtrack be? So, here's how it works:
1. Open your music library (iTunes, WMP, Musicmatch, etc.)
2. Put it on shuffle.
3. Press Play.
4. For every question, type the song that's playing.
5. When you go to a new question, press the Next button.
6. Don't lie and try to pretend you're cool.
7. Don't skip songs.


Opening Credits: "Cartoon Heroes" Aqua

Waking Up: "You Stole The Sun From My Heart" Manic Street Preachers

First Day Of School: "Wandering Star" Portishead

Falling In Love: "Mental" Eels

Fight Song: "3 am" Matchbox 20

Breaking Up: "I'm So Sorry" The Smiths

Prom: "None of That" Looper

Happiness: "Make Your Own Kind Of Music" Happy hardcore track

Life (So Normal?): "Time After Time" Me First and the Gimme Gimmes

Driving: "Sexy Boy" Air

Mental Breakdown: "Lover I Don't Have To Love" Bright Eyes

Flashback: "Tonight I'll Take What I Can Get" (acoustic) Dashboard Confessional

Getting Back Together: "Sexy Eyes" Happy hardcore remix.
Cause you know, you have to get back together with your ex at a rave.... and to some good old happy hardcore.

Wedding: "I'll Fly With You" GiGi D'Agostino
Italian disco! but it works, the boy and I had talked about putting it in the mix to play during our ceremony.

Birth Of A Child: "Star Child" Dune
(more hardcore techno... but strangely fitting I guess...)

Final Battle: "Wild" Poe

Death Scene: "Goodbye To The Circus" Aqua
Super strangely fitting!

Funeral Song: "Black-Eyed" Placebo
I can totally see that.

End Credits: "One Of Us Is Gonna Die Young" The Ark
Weirdly it works, especially with the strangeness

posted by Tragic the Pixie @ 12/24/2006 11:22:00 PM

Post a Comment | 0 comments


Comments :


Return to Main Journal
411
"Father Forgive Me" (later renamed "Baby, the Stars Shine Brite") was started in the hope that a confessional blog would be entertaining reading as well as intellectual. After being neglected for some years is now, rather anonymously written in the hopes of hashing out thoughts in a somewhat intelligent manner. Aside from the writer of this blog, I am a university student majoring in Women's Studies and minoring in English at a prominent Catholic university in Middle America. A dedicated liberal - I also throw and participate fully in raves and rave culture from DJing, to lights and sound crew, to doing homework in legal libraries I'll be there - in true Riot Grrrl style: usually a miniskirt, combat boots, and wildly dyed hair. Aside from considering law school and entering politics I hope to start an organization wherever I end up providing a safe place for teenage girls (and boys) and helping their voices be heard as well as providing information on sex, condoms, and anything under the sun that kids may need. I am currently engaged to a wonderful man and hope to be married sometime around November of 2008.
Together in electric dreams
Currents
Book: How the Pro-Choice Movement Saved America Freedom Politics and the War on Sex (Christina Page)
Music: The Valley of the Shadow of Death: The Tossers
Film: Pan's Labyrinth
Nothing in the world can touch us
Previous Posts
  • What? You Mean Miss USA Should Be Punished for Ac...
  • No, I don't believe in the wasting of time; but I ...
  • I &hearts internet shopping
  • Procrastination-itis
  • New Update Schedual
  • I Am Not a Mother Woman
  • Power Outages due to Storm
  • Abortion Fund
  • News Dump
  • The War on Drugs Enters Johnny's Bedroom

  • I'm gonna be forever young
    Links
    My Other Projects:
    Myspace Profile
    Bibliophile: Because Reading Is Sexy
    Blogs:
    AMERICAblog
    Daily Kos
    DARE Generation Diary
    Echidne of the Snakes
    Bitch, PHD.
    mamaVISION
    Reappropriate
    Raising Yousuf
    Swedish Sloth
    Feminist Blogs
    Message Boards/Communites:
    get crafty
    St. Louis Raver
    Punk Rock Domestics
    Zines & Publications:
    BUST
    Bitch
    Digs Magazine
    hip mama
    Mother Jones
    The Nation
    Witch Eye
    Feminista!
    Other Good Sites:
    T.A.Z.
    Burning Man
    Disgruntled Housewife
    Digitally Imported
    Disinformation
    Kandi Trade
    Nerve
    Pax Acidus
    The Post Punk Kitchen
    Grrrlgamer
    Scarlet Letters
    STL Craft Mafia
    The Internet Sacred Text Archive
    Do you really want to live forever, forever, and ever?














    do really want to be forever young?
    Archives
    Credits
    Author: TragicPixie
    Image by Mizuno Junko
    Image Hosting by Photobucket.

    Powered by Blogger